We’ve compiled a Spotify playlist of some of the artists who will be performing at the TrioTrioTrio Piano Festival. This festival, which celebrates that classic combination of piano, bass and drums will take place in Arthurs Pub on Thomas St. in Dublin between Thursday 16th and Saturday 18th November 2017.
To get you in the mood we compiled this Spotify playlist of all the artists we could find who are appearing in the festival. If we missed anyone please comment below or add them to the collaborative playlist – thanks!.
Allen Smith, founder of Jazz on the Terrace, has long had a soft spot for piano trios. This year Jazz on the Terrace celebrates 35 years. That is 35 years of researching, writing grant applications, listening to all manner of music, attending gigs in every conceivable kind of venue, planning gigs in every conceivable kind of venue, airport pickups of International artists up at all times of day and night, folding flyers, hanging posters, producing records, organising instruments, organising visas, paying fees, basically producing some of the most important jazz events in Ireland nearly singlehandedly for 35 years.
To celebrate, he is indulging his love of piano trios and treating us to six amazing trios over three evenings in Dublin City Centre. Tickets can be purchased for individual evenings (€15) or as a festival pass (€35) at http://buytickets.at/jazzontheterrace or on the door for €17 each. Festival pass only available online.
The trios involved are:
- Thursday 16th November, 9.00pm, doors 8.30pm, Arthurs Bar, Thomas St.
- The Carole Nelson Trio with Cormac O’Brien, Double Bass, Dominic Mullan, Drums
- The David Berkman Trio with Dave Redmond, Double Bass, Kevin Brady, Drums
- Friday 17th November, 9.30pm, doors 9.00pm, Arthurs Bar, Thomas St..
- The Johnny Taylor Trio with Barry Donohue, Double Bass, Dominic Mullan, Drums
- The Nikki Iles Trio with Duncan Hopkins, Double Bass, Kevin Brady, Drums
- Saturday 18th November, 9.30pm, doors 9.00pm, Arthurs Bar, Thomas St.
- The Myles Drennan Trio with Neil Ó Loclainn, Bass, and Seán Carpio, Drums
- The Ivan Paduart Trio with Theo De Jong, Bass Guitar, Hans Von Oosterhout, Drums